Today we learnt the following:
- On Thursday, May 10, when Gehad was scheduled for a court hearing the head of the prison insisted that Gehad doesn’t use a wheelchair and go alone to the deportation car because Gehad is “faking” it
- The prison doctor at the Leiman hospital confirmed Gehad’s current health situation. The doctor confirmed that Gehad’s health was deteriorating and that he can not climb any staircase or take a deportation car because his knees are in serious condition and would not with handle the movement.
- Despite the doctor’s warning, the head of the prison insisted on his order and the guards proceeded with his orders. They forced Gehad into the deportation vehicle and threw him in a violent and painful manner. He was carried into the courtroom, with double intensity of the pain.
- After the court session, Gehad was immediately brought back directly to his solitary cell in Scorpion instead of the Leiman hospital, claiming that he refused to follow instructions.
- They refused to return all his belongings, medicines and money that was deposited in a safe in the Leiman Hospital.
- They locked him up for 24 hours a day in his solitary cell (less than 4 square meters)
1-Month in Leiman Hospital
- Prior to his court hearing he stayed for a whole month in the Leiman without any treatment or diagnosis.
- They gave him a wheelchair and put him in a group dormitory in the hospital for his colleagues to help move him to and from the washroom.
- His condition remained the same until the report by Amnesty International was issued. They returned him to the Scorpion without treatment and stripped him of everything.
- The prison doctor had decided that he needed a laparoscope at an external Hospital to confirm the diagnosis and treatment. Gehad offered to do so at his own expense to proceed with the procedure. He went to the Leiman Hospital on that basis. But nothing happened
The treatment above has caused Gehad to start his hunger strike since his return to the Scorpion Prison on May 10 and his main demand is to treat his knees so that he can walk again. His medical situation is a result of torture and solitary confinement for 4 years and 9 months.
He also demands the implementation of the judge’s order in the session 8/11/2017 and the decision of the prosecution in the same (19/11/2017) that the conditions of his prisoner shall be improved to address his health medical conditions (dizziness, fainting, convulsions and knees). Gehad’s lawyers also filed a report on Monday to the Attorney General demanding Gehad’s treatment and the implementation of the judge’s order and the prosecution’s decision.